Museums and galleries
- Museum of History and Art: Lying in a neoclassical building in Messolonghi, the museum holds artwork about the historic exodus or 'sortie' of Messolonghi, along with portraits of heroes and philhellenes. Weapons, coins and busts of five Prime Ministers from the area are also on display.
- Folklore Museum of Etoliko: Found at the entrance to the little 'isand' in a stone-build little building that was once an olive mill, it houses objects, tools and clothes that formed part of everyday life in Etoliko over the last two centuries.
- Vaso Katraki Museum: A modern building on Etoliko island housing a comprehensive collection of this famous Greek artist's and engraver's work. Her unique style is a must see in what is possibly the only European museum on engraving and printmaking art.
- Christos and Sofia Moschandreou Art Gallery: Housed in an old building dating from 1835 in Messolonghi, this gallery houses significant sculptures and paintings by Greek artists of the 20th century.
- DIEXODOS Centre of Culture and Art: Situated in an 18th century building and once the home of a local hero. Features historical and ecclesiastical heirlooms, rare documents and manuscripts, plus hundreds of works by Greek artists mostly.
- Folklore Museum of Paravola: Established by the Women's Association of the village of Paravola, this museum has an impressive collection of old objects, tools, clothes, carpets, and machines used in recent times by the area's inhabitants.